One of the most common frustrations we hear from Agents is around Scavenger Hunts. We get it! Scavenger Hunts are a unique category of Field Agent jobs.
While some have been frustrated, many Agents enjoy making extra cash completing these jobs. In order to minimize frustrations, we want to offer some clarifications and tips for these jobs.
How are they unique?
- They’re HUNTS! We don't know exactly where to find the item.
- You do not get paid unless you find the EXACT requested item, UPC, and complete the job as requested.
Why is the information given so vague?
- The information we give you is ALL the info we receive from the client.
- The reason we have the jobs to offer is because the client needs information about the product.
What information will I be given?
- Product Description – This will be vague, and it’s all we have.
- UPC – The item you find must have the EXACT same 10-digit UPC.
- Retailer – This is just a suggestion of a place to start, you are free to find the item anywhere. You could find the item in the suggested retailer, in a totally different retailer, or even at home.
How can I be successful with Scavenger Hunts?
- Do not reserve the job unless you have found the item, otherwise you will lose points if your reservation expires.
- Familiarize yourself with UPCs and item descriptions. You will start to learn what the abbreviations mean.
- Scan through the list of items requested and then keep your eye out for them.
- Once you find the item, follow the instructions carefully.
- Take clear photos. We can’t accept blurry photos or photos with a glare. We must be able to read EVERY WORD on the package.
- We allow for extra photos, so feel free to take more than required to ensure you meet the request.
- You must be at least 21 years old to complete these jobs.
We hope this helps you better understand Scavenger Hunts. If these jobs don’t interest you, please stick to other Field Agent jobs and leave these for Agents who enjoy the HUNT!