Use the below information to help you determine what is an end cap, free-standing display, side kick, or clip strip.
END CAP: An end cap is a display that is at the end of aisle, facing outward.
These are end caps.
Endcap Faces a Main Walkway:
- Main Walkway: a wide path that contains product displays within the walkway.
Endcap does NOT face a main Walkway:
Side Kick: A side kick is a display that is on the side of an end cap, facing the shoppers who are shopping in the aisle.
These are side kicks.
Free-Standing Display: A free-standing display is a display that is within a main walkway, but is not attached to an aisle.
Clip Strip: A clip strip is a display where products are clipped to or hung on a plastic strip, often in front of other products. These are much smaller than the other types of displays.
Health & Beauty Products: When we use the term “health and beauty” products, we mean these kinds of products:
- Skin care, including soaps and lotions
- Personal care (deodorant, razors, toothpaste, etc.)
- Hair care
- Over the counter medications, including first aid products
- Eye care like contact lens solutions, eye drops, etc.
- Vitamins, supplements, and nutritional products
- Feminine care/hygiene products
- Other similar items that would be found in the same department of the store as the above items.