In the Fabric Department, it is very likely that the desk in the Fabrics section will need to be measured from four different sides, as the customer may approach from any side of this desk.
- One side of the desk should have sliding doors, you will measure each door as its own section
- If there is a permanent basket fixture attached to one side of the desk, you will not measure that side
- Do not include door knobs in your measurement as a sign could not hang over them.
Smaller Fabrics desk example:
- On desks like the one shown below, you will have 5 sections to measure
On larger desks like the one shown below, you will have a total of 6 sections to measure
- 2 front sections and 4 sliding doors
- Notice on this example there are permanent fixtures on both ends, so you would not measure those
- Do not include the door knobs in your measurement as a sign could not hang over them.