Scavenger Hunts are a unique category of Field Agent jobs. Some Agents love them and others- well - don't.
While some have been frustrated by Scavenger Hunts, many Agents enjoy making extra cash completing these jobs. In order to minimize frustrations, we want to offer some clarifications and tips for these jobs.
How are they unique?
- They’re HUNTS! We don't know exactly where to find the item. We provide suggestions/possibilities, but can't make any guarantees.
- You do not get paid unless you find the EXACT requested item, UPC, and complete the job as requested. Important: We are unable to offer compensation for gas or time searching.
Why is the information given so vague?
- The information we give you is ALL the info we receive from the client.
- The reason we have the jobs to offer is that the client needs information about the product to fill in gaps in a product database.
What information will I be given?
- Product Description – This will likely be vague, and it’s all we have.
- Section - This will be a likely or possible section where you could find the item. Sometimes the section is WAY off.. But it's all the information that our Client currently has and our best guess at any tips for you.
- UPC – The item you find must have the EXACT same 10-digit UPC.
- Retailer – This is just a suggestion of a place to start, you are free to find the item anywhere. You could find the item in the suggested retailer, in a totally different retailer, or even at home.
How can I be successful with Scavenger Hunts?
- Do not reserve the job unless you have found the item. Submitting a job without finding the item will result in a Denial which would negatively affect your agent statistics.
- While we do not recommend reserving until you find the item, you can always still cancel the job if you reserve it and realize you can't find it or you found an incorrect item. Canceling a scavenger hunt job will not negatively affect your agent score.
- Familiarize yourself with UPCs and item descriptions. You will start to learn what the abbreviations mean.
- Scan through the list of items requested and then keep your eye out for them.
- Once you find the item, follow the instructions carefully.
- Take clear photos. We can’t accept blurry photos or photos with a glare. We must be able to read EVERY WORD on the package.
- We allow for extra photos, so feel free to take more than required to ensure you meet the request.
- You must be at least 21 years old to complete these jobs.
We hope this helps you better understand Scavenger Hunts. If these jobs don’t interest you, please stick to other Field Agent jobs and leave these for Agents who enjoy the HUNT!